Bon Appétit offers several options for on campus dining available to students NOT on meal plans, commuters, staff and faculty. All available for purchase in the food service office, located in Canyon Commons.
ON-CAMPUS DINING for Students, Faculty & Staff
- Declining balance plan – bring your George Fox ID card in to the office along with cash, check or debit/credit card and we can load money directly on your ID card. We’ll add an additional 10% credit if you add $50 or more! This can be used in the main dining room, Bruin Den, Bruin Bites or Bridge café.
- Commuter VIP – our newest offering geared toward commuter students, for $80 you can purchase a punch card good for 12 meals (breakfast, lunch or dinner) in the Canyon Commons dining room.
- Lunch club card – available to staff and faculty, this pre-paid punch card is good for 15 lunches in the Canyon Commons dining room and a terrific bargain at $70
Next Week's Special Hours
- Lunch November 27, 11:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Reduced hours for lunch - HAPPY THANKSGIVING
- Dinner November 27, 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Reduced hours for dinner - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- Breakfast November 28, 10:30 am - 11:00 am
- Serving brunch - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- Dinner November 28, 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
- Breakfast November 29-30, 10:30 am - 11:00 am
- Serving brunch
- Dinner November 29-30, 5:00 pm - 5:45 pm
- Serving dinner
- Brunch December 1, 10:30 am - 11:00 am
- Serving brunch
- Dinner December 1, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Serving dinner
View/Print Weekly Menu
- Breakfast Served from 7:00 am - 10:00 am
- Lunch 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Dinner 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Breakfast Mon-Fri, 7:00 am - 10:00 am
- Breakfast Sat-Sun, 8:00 am - 10:30 am
- Brunch Sat-Sun, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Lunch Mon-Fri, 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Dinner Mon-Sun, 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
The centerpiece of George Fox University dining, Canyon Commons is designed to showcase the beautiful forest setting along Hess Creek while serving a wide range of flavorful, delicious offerings for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a casual dining setting. From traditional comfort meals of oven roasted turkey & mashed potatoes to imaginative and nutritious Asian stirfry and vegetarian entrees, we'll capture your taste appeal. You'll find Italian specialties, bold South of the Border flavors and authentic ethnic favorites along with our vibrant fresh salad bar with scratch-made dressings and bountiful local produce.
Our staff is passionate about food and serving our guests in our community. We make our community a priority through partnering with our students on specialty evenings, creating menus based on student input every week, connecting with our local artisans, ranchers and farmers to bring seasonal ingredients to our café. We do this in a socially responsible manner for the betterment of our students and our community.
Bon Appétit at George Fox University is fighting food waste and hunger by recovering surplus perishable food from our campus that would otherwise go to waste and donating it to people in need through Bruin Community Pantry at George Fox.
Recipe: Black Bean Tacos with Poblano-Cashew “Crema”
With its luscious, nutty crema-style sauce, roasted pepper flavor, and bright crunch, you won’t even realize these black bean tacos are actually vegan.
When it comes to wellness, Bon Appétit’s focus is on simple, delicious food — that happens to be good for you. To support long-term health, we are bringing more plants to menus every day in a craveable way, while emphasizing healthy cooking techniques. When healthy food tastes good, nourishing your body and mind becomes the easy choice.
We serve thousands of guests with food allergies and sensitivities safely in our cafés every day. Our chefs, managers, and dietitians work closely with our food-allergic guests to create reasonable solutions to help them eat what they love. If you have questions about eating for your dietary needs in our cafés, reach out to us: we’ll gladly meet with you.
Wellness also includes the health of the animals, the workers, the community, and the Earth. They’re all connected. Bon Appétit has been committed to “food service for a sustainable future” for decades, and we’ve led the food service industry in tackling many important issues, such as cage-free eggs, antibiotics in animal production, and farmworker rights.
Good nutrition is more than just the numbers.
Healthy eating patterns are a result of skills and strategies for managing all types of food…despite the numbers. Knowing the nutritional values of some basic foods can help you learn which foods provide too much or too little of the nutrients that concern you. Bon Appétit has compiled this guide of common nutritional values for many of the basic offerings you will find in our cafés. The numbers here are based on standard nutrient values for these types of foods.
Download PDF: Knowing the Numbers