Simple, nutritious and filling grain and lentil salad with vegetables and loads of flavor.
- 1 cup lentils cooked
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 1 cup wheatberries cooked (faro or hulled barley also work well)
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper diced ( you can also roast and peel the pepper before dicing for added flavor)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbps fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper ground
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients. Let sit for 15 minutes to let flavors meld. Adjust seasonings as needed.
- Optional: Top with crumbled feta cheese.